WELCOME TO THE MEMBERS AREA
Constructive is London's premier joinery and labour Recruitment Company dedicated to continually assessing all aspects within our business, so as to enrich your performance on site.
Cornerstone to our business philosophy in building lasting relationships is to help your company anticipate, benefit and go beyond the simple fulfilment of a skill shortage in the recruiting process.
Our new web site aims to facilitate with access to all the important information that keeps everything up and running.
Be assured, we understand that each job is like each of our employees, unique, that's why we take the same consultative approach to both, matching personalities and skills, and providing on going support, advice and appraisals.
So call now for the perfect quote.
Contructive Recruitment account form
Latest Contructive Recruitment timesheet
CSCS (Construction Skills Certification Scheme) is a test carried out by people who wish to work on construction sites in the united kingdom. It is not a mandatory certificate you need but it is becoming more and more widely requested before you can even step foot on building sites so we at Constructive Recruitment highly recommend you obtain one. Set up in the 90s, the scheme keeps a database of those working in construction that achieve (or can demonstrate they have already attained) an agreed level of occupational competence. Successful applicants are issued with a card giving them a means of identification and proof of their achievements.
Today there are over 1.7 million cards in circulation, and they’re increasingly demanded as evidence of occupational competence by many, including contractors, public and private clients. It has many benefits but mainly to prepare the operative with the basic health and safety information they need to keep aware and knowledgeable about the risks associated with construction work and sites alike. It also acts as a form of identity and gives the employer peace of mind they have employees who are competent in their work duties to be carried out on site. CSCS is a not-for-profit limited company. It’s directors are from employer organisations and unions representing the breadth of the industry. Some basic construction knowledge would be beneficial but you are able to take part in mock tests and also read up and study some questions similar to the ones you will be tried on in the official test. There are different types of CSCS cards which are applicable to the type of work you undertake for example a tradesman (carpenter) or a general site operative (labourer).
Constructive Recruitment strive to employ only CSCS registered tradesmen and operatives to enhance the quality and competence of workmanship within our workforce as well as the whole of the Great Britain. We strongly believe everything that the CSCS accreditation stands for and that it will only improve the calibre and productivity of all construction workers. You can find out all the information you require including contacting CSCS directly and booking your exam by following this link directly to the CSCS website
1.a ] In these conditions Constructive Recruitment or any other such associated or subsidiary company as may agree to provide staff.“Hirer” shall mean the person, firm or company with whom Constructive Recruitment agrees. “Temporary staff” shall mean the personnel provided under the agreement. “Contract” shall mean any agreement for the supply of Temporary staff made between Constructive Recruitment and the Hirer. b ] No order in pursuance of any quotation or otherwise shall be binding on Constructive Recruitment unless and until it accepts such order in writing. The Contract shall be subject to these conditions and save as after mentioned no representative or agent of Constructive Recruitment has authority to agree any terms or make any representation inconsistent with them or to enter into any Contract except on the basis of them, representation of Contract will bind Constructive Recruitment only if in writing and signed by a partner in the event that Constructive Recruitment has not given a written acknowledgement of the Hirer’s order these conditions, provided the Hirer shall have had prior notice of them, shall none the less apply to the Contract. c ] Unless otherwise agreed in writing by Constructive recruitment these conditions shall over ride any terms and conditions stipulated or referred to by the Hirer in his order or pre- contracted negotiations .d ] Constructive Recruitment reserves the right to correct any clerical or typographical errors made by its employees at any time.
2. a] The Hirer shall be responsible for establishing Temporary staff are competent to carry out the work for which the Hirer requires them. Save as thereafter; provided the Temporary staff shall for all purposes in connection with carrying out such work as to be regarded as the servants or agents of the Hirer alone shall be responsible for all claims arising out of or in connection with the carrying out of, or any failure to carry out, such work. b ] The Hirer shall indemnify Constructive Recruitment against all liabilities which Constructive Recruitment may incur arising out of the Contract or any work carried out or to be carried out there under. Without prejudice to the generality of the forgoing the Hirer shall indemnify Constructive Recruitment against all loss, liability, damage, costs and expenses arising out or in connection with any claim by Temporary staff in respect of injury, loss or damage and in any claim by any person [including the Hirer] in respect of injury, loss or damage attributable to or resulting from any act or omission by any member of the Temporary staff.. c ] Constructive Recruitment will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Temporary staff are honest, competent and trust worthy but shall not be liable to the Hirer for any loss or damage arising from or in connection with any lack or honesty, competence or trustworthiness in the Temporary staff. d ] The Hirer shall not be responsible for the payment of any insurance contributions, tax or payments for holidays in respect of the Temporary staff unless otherwise agreed.
3.a ] For the purpose of this provision ‘rates of charge’ means all chargeable items including travelling expenses and subsistence allowances [if any] In addition to working rates. b ] In respect of each member of the Temporary staff the minimum hire period shall, unless otherwise agreed in writing , be 8 hours per each working day on which the member reports to site in accordance with instructions received from the Hirer and shall commence when he so reports. c] The minimum hire charge payable buy the Hirer for each member of the Temporary staff shall be the charge payable in respect of the minimum hire period and this provision shall apply/notwithstanding that the Hirer dispenses with the services with the services of such member in accordance with the provisions of these conditions otherwise. d ] In the event that any members of the Temporary staff report to site in accordance with instructions from the Hirer and the work is not provided for them, the minimum hire charge together with the travelling rates and expenses and subsidence allowance if applicable will be paid by the Hirer in respect of such members. e ] Notwithstanding that rates of charge are agreed at the time of the Contract Constructive Recruitment shall be entitled to increase such rates at any time upon giving the Hirer 7 days notice and there after such increased rates shall be payable buy the Hirer in place of the rates originally agreed. f ] Unless otherwise agreed any weekly subsistence allowances shall be deemed to cover a 7 day working week and in the event that any member of the Temporary staff is not available for work 7 days in any week shall be reduced proportionately.
4.a] The Hirer shall at the end of each week [commencing on Monday] of the hire period complete and sign Constructive Recruitments time sheet for each member of Temporary staff and any employee of the Hirer who signs the time sheet shall be deemed to be duly authorised to do so. b] Payment shall be made by the Hirer within 7 days after each invoice is rendered to him. No discount, concession or other favourable term offered by Constructive Recruitment shall constitute a waiver of this obligation. c] VAT is chargeable on all accounts. Interest at 3 % over bank rate is charged on overdue accounts and all costs incurred in tracing and/or collecting such accounts will be charged to the client 5. Constructive Recruitment will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that all Temporary staff attend for work at the Hirers site on the dates and times required by the Hirer but Constructive Recruitment shall in no circumstances be liable to the Hirer for any loss or damage arising because of or in connection with any failure by Temporary staff so to attend.
6. In the event that any member of the Temporary staff fail to attend site as required or to carry out the work required with reasonable competence, the Hirer shall inform Constructive Recruitment within the first four hours. In that event Constructive Recruitment shall be entitled to replace such a member but unless it offers so to do the provision of paragraph 2[c] hereof shall not apply in respect of such member.
a ] If during the 6 months following the termination of the hire period in respect of any member of the Temporary staff the Hirer without Constructive Recruitments prior written consent arranges for or permits such a member to work for the Hirer or any associated or subsidiary company or on any work with which the Hirer is concerned or connected the Hirer shall be deemed to have employed such a member following an introduction by Constructive Recruitment and [ notwithstanding that payment to such member may be made in whole or in part by a person, firm or company other than the Hirer] shall make payment to Constructive Recruitment as follows:
 If the employment is intended to be for a period less than one year, a sum equal to 25% of the total remuneration paid to the member or the sum of of1000 per member, whichever is the greater.
 In all other cases the appropriate fee in accordance with Constructive Recruitments rates for the introduction of permanent staff shall be 15 % of the annual salary and benefits.
7. Should Constructive Recruitment be delayed in or prevented from supplying Temporary staff in accordance with the Contract due to war, governmental or parliamentary restrictions, trade disputes, shortages of personnel, Acts of God or due to any cause what so ever beyond its reasonable control Constructive Recruitment shall be at liberty to cancel the contract without incurring any liability for any loss or damage arising there from.
8. The proper law of all Contracts shall be English law which shall govern in all respect the construction and effect of such Contracts and of these conditions.
9. a] Constructive Recruitment will deduct and be responsible to schedule [PAYE] Income Tax and NICS in respect of its Operations, even though these Operators are self employed. Exception to PAYE deduction in this clause are only those Operators trading through their own corporation [Ltd Company] or those relevant UTR certification in the construction industry.
b] Constructive Recruitment and its Operators shall comply with the contemporary dictates of good business manners and courtesies and act in a manner which is expedient for the completion of the obligations accepted by Constructive Recruitment and likely to maintain utmost goodwill between Constructive Recruitment and its clients. Neither Constructive Recruitment nor any of its operators shall be required to comply with any disciplines imposed upon the staff of employees of the clients unless previously agreed and accepted in writing.
c] Constructive Recruitment shall engage all Temporary staff under a Contract for services. 10. INSURANCE & BONDING. Unless special arrangements are agreed and confirmed in writing prior to work being done, Constructive Recruitment does not insure, bond or otherwise underwrite the integrity of its Operators. Constructive Recruitment and its Operators work entirely at the risk of the client. Constructive Recruitment accepts no liability in respect of any loss or damage arising to a client or third party from any act of default of Constructive Recruitment or of any Operator. Clients must affect all insurance cover required by law, on location or site to cover Public Liability, Third Party, Employers Liability, and Professional Indemnity etc in respect of any activities where the services of Constructive Recruitment or its Operators are involved.